Updates To The Employment Law under Covid-19
Navigating The Crisis Webinar Series
Delivered in partnership with the London Growth Hub, the webinar was led by three experts in employment law from Taylor Wessing: Paul Callaghan – Partner and Head of Employment, Pensions & Mobility London; Roxane Davey – Senior Associate, Employment and Joe Aiston – Senior Associate, Employment.
COVID-19 – Furlough and the job retention scheme:
- Furlough via the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Who can be furloughed?
Other employer approaches including pay cuts and reducing hours:
- Reduced hours, reduced salary or both
- Holiday Purchase
- Why furlough not a sufficient alternative
- Individual consultation and collective redundancy consultation rules
Health and safety
- Common law and statutory duties related to the health and safety of employees, contractors and members of the public
- Government’s guidance for employers in light of COVID-19
Employee data privacy:
- Time frames for dealing with information requests (DSARs) which may be impacted
- Guidance on homeworking
- Balance between keeping staff informed about cases in your organisation and not naming the individual.